UPS gives you the benefits
you expect—and more
Life in the military comes with a variety of benefits, from health insurance and education support to training and stability. If you liked those aspects of your military experience, you’re going to love UPS.
Because our employees stop at nothing to exceed the expectations of our customers, UPS stops at nothing to give our staffers the benefits they need to lead balanced, healthy lives.
We know U.S. veterans returning to civilian life are searching for that kind of stability as well. So we’re proud to offer veterans joining us a list of comprehensive benefits that will help them transition smoothly. Your benefits may include the following:
These UPS programs can help you earn your college degree. UPS educational benefits are separate from any GI Bill benefits you might also be eligible for.
- Education Assistance. As a part-time employee at UPS, you are eligible to apply for up to $5,250 in educational assistance per calendar year, with a lifetime maximum of $25,000.
- Tuition Assistance Program. UPS also offers educational assistance to qualifying full-time, nonunion employees and part-time management employees.
- Online undergraduate program. Visit tesc.edu/ups and learn all about a flexible, convenient way UPS employees can earn their degree online at Thomas Edison State College.
- Unique educational partnerships. UPS has teamed up with colleges in Louisville, KY, and the Chicago, IL, metropolitan area to offer part-time UPS workers at participating UPS facilities significant benefits that help cover the cost of a college education.
Full-time benefits, even for our part-time employees
Health and wellness
UPS offers several plans to meet the health care needs of our employees, both part-time and full-time. In addition, UPS makes contributions on behalf of employees in union-administered plans. While there are variations in available plans, the following is an overview of the company’s award-winning benefits:
- Prescription drug program
- Life insurance
- Supplemental group universal life insurance program
- Business travel accident insurance
- Sickness and accident insurance
- Long-term disability with inflation coverage
- Long-term care insurance
- Child/elder care spending accounts
- Health savings accounts
- Cancer insurance
- Work-life balance programs
The military invests heavily in its people by offering extensive training opportunities. UPS does, too. In fact, we invest about $600 million a year on programs that help employees further their careers within the company.
Compensation and savings programs
UPS offers competitive pay to our employees, and that’s just the beginning. We also offer a way for them to save for big needs, such as new homes, children’s education and, of course, retirement.
- Attractive wages. UPS offers highly competitive hourly wages, salaries and total compensation plans. From its drivers to its IT professionals, UPS employees are among the best paid in the industry.
- Employee discounted stock purchase plan. UPS believes that long-term ownership of our company by our workers contributes to our future success. Sharing in the rewards and risks of ownership promotes the commitment of our people, full-time and part-time, management and nonmanagement, union and nonunion, which is critical to our ability to meet our customers’ needs around the world.
- 401(k) plan. Save for an awesome retirement throughout your UPS career. This is similar to the Thrift Savings Plan that’s offered by the government to service members and other government employees. UPS also offers employee pension plans for some positions.
- Managers Incentive Plan. In this profit-sharing plan for eligible, full-time management, the more UPS succeeds, the more our people succeed.
Comparing military and UPS benefits
At UPS, we offer comprehensive benefits that help you take control and prepare for what’s next. Here’s a quick look at benefits you may be used to in the military, and how UPS meets those needs in your civilian life.
|Regular military compensation, housing allowance with cost of living allowances, additional hostile fire pay, etc.||Competitive compensation packages, salaries and hourly rates|
|GI Bill||Education assistance and tuition assistance programs|
|Retired pay||401(k) plan, discounted stock purchase program|
|Comprehensive health insurance||Health insurance, sickness and accident insurance|
|Child development centers on base||Child/elder care spending accounts|
|Vision benefits||Vision insurance|
|Dental benefits||Dental insurance|
|Life insurance||Life insurance options|
|Wellness briefings||Work-life balance programs|
Note: This is a sample comparison chart. Your employee status at UPS determines your specific benefits.
The compensation and benefits information provided here is for informational purposes only. Not every product or service is available or applicable to every employee, and the availability of a product or service is subject to change. UPS reserves the right to alter or delete the information provided as required by UPS’ business needs.
This document contains links to an external website or websites that UPS does not administer or fund. UPS does not endorse any products or services advertised on or available through this website or websites, nor does it control the opinions or information presented there.
You are about to leave UPSjobs.com
You are leaving the UPS Veteran Career Gateway and going to a website that UPS does not administer or fund. UPS does not endorse any products or services advertised or available through this website, nor does it control the opinions or information presented there. In going there, you will be subject to the privacy, accessibility, copyrighting, and other policies and rules that apply to that site.
Your destination is: